In this episode of Witnessing Christ from the New Testament, Jon and Molly discuss Acts 6–9.
This podcast episode covers the following:
- Acts 6–9
- Stephen’s witness
- Simon’s search for power
- The Ethiopian eunuch’s search for truth
- Saul’s conversion
Key concepts in this episode include:
- What does it mean to resist the Holy Spirit?
- What is the only way to get right with God?
- Philip provides some key witnessing tips.
- Saul’s transformation by the Spirit.
Links & Resources
- Share this podcast with your Christian friends and subscribe on your favorite podcasting platform!
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram. Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- If you have not yet registered for the Truth in Love Online Community, enroll now to gain access to all of our courses, resources, and more.
- Click here to download a Bible Study outline to share with your Mormon friends, family, and missionaries.
Share the Truth in Love
Share this conversation starter with your LDS friend:
Have you ever wondered what it would be like if you learned that everything you were taught was a lie? I can only imagine how frightening it must have been when Saul discovered that, despite his religious zeal, he was misguided.
It’s one thing not to know the truth. It’s entirely another to realize you have a big problem with God. Saul was persecuting Jesus and opposing God! This was a problem far too large for him to fix.
What could have led to hopeless fear becomes a radical transformation. God shows the depths of his love. He calls a murderer like Saul to be one of his apostles and perhaps the greatest missionary of all time. Saul will use his story to show that if God could forgive someone like him, he can certainly forgive you too.
Saul’s story of transformation is not so different from our own. We, too, come into this world opposed to God (Romans 8:7). The problem is too great for us to fix, so Jesus did. Like Saul, we discover that on the other side of our fears is forgiveness through faith in Jesus.