In this episode of Witnessing Christ from the New Testament, Mark and Molly discuss Matthew 26, Mark 14, and John 13.
This podcast episode covers the following:
- Matthew 26 and John 13
- Jesus is anointed
- Jesus predicts his betrayal
- Jesus institutes the Lord’s Supper
- Jesus washes his disciples’ feet
- Jesus gives a “new command”
Key concepts in this episode include:
- Who is in control of the situation?
- Why did Jesus give us his body and blood in the Lord’s Supper?
- Who is “remembering” what in the Lord’s Supper?
- What messages are being communicated in the Lord’s Supper?
- What does it mean to be clean/washed by Jesus?
Links & Resources
- Share this podcast with your Christian friends and subscribe on your favorite podcasting platform!
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram. Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- If you have not yet registered for the Truth in Love Online Community, enroll now to gain access to all of our courses, resources, and more.
- Click here to download a Bible Study outline to share with your Mormon friends, family, and missionaries.
- For more on how Mormons focus on remembering Jesus in the Lord’s Supper, check out this response to the Liahona article Always Remember Him.
Share the Truth in Love
Share this conversation starter with your LDS friend:
Each time I receive the sacrament of the Lord’s Supper, I am reminded of Jesus’ body and blood given and shed to forgive my sins. Each week as I stand empty-handed, waiting to receive the bread and the wine, I am aware that there is nothing that I have done to make myself right with God but that he has done everything necessary for me to be made right with him.
For me, the Lord’s Supper is a most precious gift from God. Participation in it is not about me sending a message to God or about renewing my covenant with God. It’s not about what I do at all. It’s all about Jesus confirming that his covenant of forgiveness applies personally to me. In the sacrament each week, Jesus is saying to me, “This meal shows you how much I love you.”