In this episode of Witnessing Christ from the New Testament, Jon and Molly discuss Matthew 24–25, Mark 12–13, and Luke 21.
This podcast episode covers the following:
- Matthew 24–25; Mark 12–13; Luke 21
- Signs of the End of the Age
- Be Prepared for Christ’s Return
- Parable of the Ten Virgins
- Parable of the Talents
- Parable of the Sheep and the Goats
Key concepts in this episode include:
- What does it mean to “endure to the end”?
- Why does Jesus say “I don’t know you” to some?
- What was the motivation behind the servants?
- What determines the separation of sheep and goats?
- Is there a middle ground to judgment day?
Links & Resources
- Share this podcast with your Christian friends and subscribe on your favorite podcasting platform!
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram. Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- If you have not yet registered for the Truth in Love Online Community, enroll now to gain access to all of our courses, resources, and more.
- Click here to download a Bible Study outline to share with your Mormon friends, family, and missionaries.
Share the Truth in Love
Share this conversation starter with your LDS friend:
Have you ever thought about all that will happen on judgment day? How it will all go down? I know there are some shocking pictures of all that will happen in the end. Clearly, it’s something we’re all going to face (and it could come at any time), so it’s important to be ready.
I’m particularly struck by the correlation between how people view their relationship with God and how they view judgment day. It makes sense. If they’re afraid of God or view him as a somewhat distant or harsh master, they’re also typically quite uneasy about judgment day. I get it. It would be terrifying to stand before God on my flawed record.
Can I share with you why I just can’t wait until judgment day? Jesus lived a perfect life as our substitute, and I’m standing on his record for me. Because of that, I have an air-tight case and know with certainty how the story ends. In fact, I don’t just stand with Jesus on that day, but every day. Relying completely on him in the end has resulted in an incredibly close, personal relationship right now.
So, what about you? Are you excited and looking forward to judgment day? Do you ever have days where you’re at least a little unsure? Jesus clearly wanted us to be ready. Let’s set up a time to study what Jesus taught about end times and focus in on the confidence and certainty he intends for us.