In this episode of Witnessing Christ from the New Testament, Mark and Molly Parsons introduce the Gospel of John and walk through John 1.
This podcast episode covers the following:
- John 1:1–18
- The Word Became Flesh
- A Witness to the Word
- John 1:19–51
- John the Baptist Denies Being the Messiah
- John the Baptist Testifies about Jesus
- John’s Disciples Follow Jesus
- Jesus Calls Philip and Nathaniel
Key concepts in this episode include:
- What’s up with the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible?
- What/Who is the “Word,” and why does it matter?
- What does it mean that Jesus is “life”?
- What does it mean that Jesus is “light”?
- What made Jesus so unique?
- What was John the Baptist’s role?
- Why did Christmas (and the incarnation) need to take place?
- How does the fact that Jesus came to dwell (tabernacle) among us impact our lives and eternity?
Links & Resources
- For 15 time-tested principles for witnessing, request a copy of Prepared to Share, which includes helpful tips for sharing essential truths from the Bible.
- If you have not yet registered for the Truth in Love online community, enroll now to gain access to all of our courses, resources, and more.
- Click here to download a Bible Study outline to use with your Mormon friends, family, and missionaries.
Share the Truth in Love
Share this conversation starter with your LDS friend:
No matter how dark the world looks or how hopeless your situation feels, you can find hope in the Light of the world.
John 1:5 promises, “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” The light that beams through despair, hopelessness, and defeat is Jesus. He is victorious over sin, death, and the devil.
Friend, take heart. Remember that darkness is no match for your Savior, Jesus!